Saturday, January 10, 2015

Useless and useful gun knowledge.

Where would be without the gun? Used both for good and evil it is a tool to enforce and defend. It is in essence just steel and wood--nothing more or less. We have demonized the tool instead of the people who use it, but that is not what this blog is truly about. All weapons throughout our history have fed, clothed and protected us. I am using this site as a tool to discuss, place and identify little known facts about firearms and their origins.

Often I would find an old gun with markings and search for hours sometimes weeks for the unique markings. That invariably led to the actual history of the firearm, which I found interesting--the people, places, and events that these firearms were used. Basically, the study of the firearm leads to  the people who used them and why they used them. We all have a very narrow view of firearm design, but events drive a necessity for improvement and innovation to aid in that particular cause or event.

I'm looking forward to sharing my knowledge and findings in this format. My hope is to educate and enlighten--not just about "guns" but the history behind them and the people who used them. As James Earl Jones says in Conan, "What is steel, without the hand that wields it"

I will begin my research and can't wait to read your feedback. Keep it clean and professional. This is not a blog about whether guns should BE in society. The have been here for hundreds of years--this is about the history and the search for knowledge.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment